Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Christmas Card Challenges

Christmas is that magical time of year... when I never seem to have enough cards to go around! There are a number of holiday card stamping challenges out there that have been motivating me to add to my collection early this year. This week I was inspired by the Festive Friday challenge and CASE Study images and I decided to fuse them together to create one great Christmas card!




I brushed a piece of white card stock with Old Paper Distress ink and added a wood-like texture to it by covering it with embossing paste and then running a cake decorator's comb through it. I wanted to try to get that wood feel from the Festive Friday image, and I think I achieved it. 

Next, I used a very, very old Northwoods Rubber Stamp Co wreath that's beautifully detailed. I used practically every Spectrum Noir marker in my stash to be able to color the whole thing! (Ok, I might be exaggerating just a little, but it took forever!) I raised the berries in the image using Ranger's Glossy Accents.


I really loved the berries with the holly in the CASE Study image and so, in addition to the gorgeous wreath, I added a duo of branches sent to me as a gift by the lovely Joy from the Morning Glory Card Studio and added some sprinkles from Doodlebug Studio to create the "berries". In honor of Miss Joy, I embossed the word in white on a little red circle. Would you help me thank her by visiting her blog and looking at her amazing card art?

I now have one more Christmas card to add to the stack that will be going out in December! Woohoo! I really like how all the textures play together. 


 I would also like to enter it into the following challenges:
Try it on Tuesday's "Animals" challenge
Crafting When We Can's "No Designer Paper" challenge

13 comments:

  1. I love how you've echoed the shape of the wreath with the circular panel - very pretty! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique and gorgeous design, Becca. Your handmade background is genius!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing card, so artistic! Thanks for joining us at CWWC challenge, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love that image and your beautiful background! Thanks for stopping by!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've done the wood and all that detailed painting is amazing! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, the texturing is brilliant thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card. Love the background texture you achieved for that fabulous image.
    Thanks for sharing at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty details and interesting texture/dimension here! It's such a lovely creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly a masterpiece, Becca--wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the texture on the bg! Awesome design, Becca. TFS.
    xxxAsha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow on the wood effect background. It looks great. Lovely stamp. Great colours. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the detailed colouring on this card, Becca and I agree the background does have a wooden texture.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete