Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Card Concept - White Pumpkin

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! 



mixed_media_crackle_fall_autumn_pumpkins_stamping

At least over at The Card Concept it is, anyways. We've unrolled a new challenge with a nontraditional, but still very cozy take on Fall! 


When I first saw this image, I new right away that I wanted to pull out my Wendy Vecchi Sunburst Stencil to mimic that rusty little pinwheel wall hanging thing-a-ma-bob (I'm pretty sure that's the technical decorator's name for it). 

nuvo_through_wendy_vecchi_sunburst_stencil_tim_holtz_ranger_ink


Speaking of non-traditional, I was really wishing that I had some metallic silver embossing paste and then I remembered I had some Nuvo enamel drop stuff. I squeezed a bunch of it into my stencil opening and then sccchmeeeared it all around with a palette knife. 

wendy_vecchi_sunburst_stencil_tim_holtz_distress_spray_stain

Over the top of that, I added some Picket Fence Distress Spray Stain and then I dried it with a heat tool. Because I heat dried it, it began to crackle and crinkle and bubble and create all sorts of yummy textures. 

coloring_stamped_pumpkin_gel_pen

I stamped a pumpkin from the STAMPlorations Holiday Expressions: Thankful for Autumn stamp set and colored it in using a white gel pen. For my leaves, I used some Forest Moss Distress Oxide Inks and a damp paintbrush. 

mixed_media_pumpkin_fall_autumn_handmade_card_stamping


Put it all together and what do you get?
A graphic, funky nontraditional Fall card. 

This card is going to play along in the following challenges: 


The Card Concept is such a great challenge because our designers all work in different styles. While I used a Mixed Media style f, there's a whole gallery of inspiration ranging from Clean and Simple to Shabby Chic. Go check it out and play along with us! 



13 comments:

  1. Charlie Brown would be proud to have your pumpkin...this is one amazing and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped in to say that I think your card is fantastic. So unique, love the techniques and such a clever and creative take on the challenge. Thank you for the inspiration to use novo drops to pop through a stencil and also to leave it on to do the splatters....learning all the time and loving it! Stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool design!!!! Love the embossed starburst!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Becca and an amazing take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is utterly awesome! And another reason to expand my collection of Nuvo drops — who knew it could do such cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card Becca - love your silver sun and the white pumpkin - great inspiration from the photo.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! This is amazing and super creative Becca!!!. Love the way you used the silver Nuvo drops for the sunburst, such a clever idea!!! Amazing textures on your card!! Fab inspiration, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE this card, Becca! I love the creative way you captured the blades of the windmill in your card - -it looks amazing! Great idea!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! This card is so amazing! what a beautiful way to use those Nuvo Drops! You are a very talented artist! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena DT

    ReplyDelete