I LOVE this challenge!! We're asking you to link up a creation that has butterflies in it and optionally use some gold elements.
For my card today, I used a sparkly chippy butterfly from Bo Bunny but the gold option isn't anywhere to be seen.
I have all sorts of lovely process photos for you, but leave it to me to forget to upload them before I left town. GRRR!!
So here are the steps:
- I laid down a layer of bright yellow gelatos and then masked it using the ARTplorations Daisy Dance stencil.
- Through the stencil I put another layer of shimmery melon gelatos for the background and a shimmery green for the flower stencils.
- After I lifted the mask, I used the coordinating STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches set to stamp my daisy.
- Then I used my finger to mix some of the colors together. I was going for a sort of Pop Art feel.
- I embossed the Thanks sentiment and added a ribbon and a glittery butterfly chippy.
And that's how you get this card. :)
I'm going to send this card over to play in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your Mark
Mod Squad - Heat Emboss
As for you - head on over to play along in our Mixed Media Card Challenge! You'll have a great time and see some AWESOME inspirations in our gallery. Check out our POST TODAY to see what Shery and Shirley have cooked up.