Thursday, November 17, 2016

Joy to the World Holiday Card - FUSION

Well, my Christmas bubble was popped and now all I can seem to think about doing is making pretty little glittery, snow-filled, wintry cards!! 

But I suppose, when you have inspiration images like the following one from Fusion, you'd want to make holiday cards, too. 


It's the start of Fusion's new challenge today. You can play long with our sketch OR our inspiration image OR both! 

distress_spray_stain_splatters

I started out by making a rustic background for the card. Originally, I was going to use gray for the background, to emulate the door, but I just couldn't get the color scheme to work in my head! 

distress_crayon_grunge_card

Instead, I focused on the brown neutrals and added hints of gray to the background paper and to the focal die cut using my Distress Crayons. 

die_cut_holiday_christmas_card_joy_to_the_world
Die cuts used: Winnie & Walter In a Word: Joy Cutaway, Stampin' Up Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Die,
I'm going to link this card up to:
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies

Open Minded Crafting - Christmas/Hannakuh
Tuesday Throwdown - Add Gems or Pearls

We hope to see you over at Fusion! My fellow Design Teamies pulled out all the stops!

20 comments:

  1. This is beautiful,Becca! I love this distressed Joy! So pretty!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner! I love the colours and the rustic look. Very well thought out and an homage to the picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! This would make a great entry over at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Amazing card! I have never tought that brown, gray and white could be so festive! Love the rustic feel and the big "Joy" with the faux branches! The pearls make the card so harmonious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love how you offset the distressed panel and JOY looks 3D!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card Becca - love the vintage look! you do it so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo cool! I love your distress work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the distressing on this Becca, such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great grungy 'take' on the inspiration Becca - love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the grungy look of this card. So beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! What gorgeous card. Love the details and creativity. Thanks for your entry in our TT Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is gorgeous, Becca! The outlining of the word "joy" really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous. Looks like the perfect way to use those crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becca, I love the rustic look and how you've combined all the elements. A fabulous take on the photo. The pearls add a beautiful touch, very special.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the different elements in this card. a fab make. Sorry I'm late but have had several major family issues to deal with. Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun challenges.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. We’ve got all your favourite players back from Deadpool and I want to credit the writers for giving the opportunity for the characters to grow. arrival putlockers Wade Wilson/Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) is his typical wise-cracking self but he’s found happiness and the change in his relationship with Vanessa (Morena Baccarin) has really impacted his outlook. Colossus (Stefan Kapicic) and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand) return as X-Men members and while they’re familiar, they’re attitude does change towards Deadpool’s antics
    See more:
    > the revenant putlocker
    > movies2k
    > Deadpool 2

    ReplyDelete