Friday, December 2, 2016

Collage Christmas Card

It's hard to feel very ho-ho-ho without any snow-snow-snow and we've got a problem here in the typically blustery land of North Dakota. There's no snow. We've gotten one good flake-fest, but it melted within 24 hours. There is *gasp* greeeeen grass. 

Well, this is just depressing. 



What better way to ease me out of my funk, then by making a funky Christmas card?
 
It's a brand new month - and that means a brand new challenge up at STAMPlorations theme & sketch. 



Here's the deets - You can play with the sketch OR the theme OR both! You can use >>ANY<< kind of stamps that you want (I know - easy peasy, right?). 

As for me, I snatched onto that theme so hard and I just ran with it. And ran, and ran, and ran. 

My dear bloggy friend, Betty Keefe, kindly contributed to my hoarding errmm... collecting? ways by giving me a bag full o' vintage sheet music. Yes, yes, there apparently is a song entitled "My Papa Was a Woodman". (Cue next stop - a  youtube hunt to find a video of this).



As tempting as the woodman was... I found this fun green cover and decided to die cut some trees using CUTplorations Trendy Christmas Tree matching die set. If you haven't noticed lately - I'm a little obsessed with this die set. 

Next, I took on the current challenge over at Shopping our Stash, which has a new-to-me technique on display called the Borgello Technique. My other dear bloggy friend, Lauren Bergold also contributed to my collection (ok, ok, it definitely is a hoarding situation) by sending me a bunch of random bits and vintage bobs - including some weird book pages and sheet music and a cool fabric patch. 

If you haven't heard of the Borgello Technique - you're in good company. It goes a little something like this:


I started stamped a layer of ho ho ho!s (or oh! oh! oh!s depending on which way you're reading from) around the edges using Warm Hands, Warm Hearts stamp set and then layered on my layers. I also cut two layers of wording using CUTplorations Jingle All the Way Phrase Die Cut.

Taaaa-daaaaa!


Decidedly merry in a very different, collagey way! As  you can see, I added some "stitching" using a white gel pen. 

This card is also going to hang out with:
Crafty Creations Challenges - Christmas
Try it on Tuesday - Layer it Up
The Crazy Challenge - Christmas 

Thanks for popping by!





22 comments:

  1. Inspiring, Becca! I really must try to create a collage card for mid month!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the collage, and beautiful design of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your funky collage Christmas card! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of nifty layers Becca!! I like the bold jingle sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the different papers you chose, fabulous card and great design. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Strip challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gawrsh! What a wonderful way to do the Bargello! I love the neutral vintage palette of your background! (Sorry you have no snow-- we do: yep, still white, still cold... wish I could send it to you!) Glad to see you at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well what a fantabulous creation you have made here Becca. Great friends you have too sending you awesome goodies. Just love all the bits and bobs you have added here for such an amazing card. Clever you! I am sitting sweltering in near 40c heat with the AC 'trying' it's hardest to cool me down. Hope the snow comes by your house soon. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Becca! Love all of the great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Becca, how fabulous to find your awesome card on the SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery. This technique is also new to me but it was so much fun and easy to do and a great way to use all of those pieces of pattern paper we can't seem to throw out.
    Love all those fabulous papers my teammate Lauren sent you, beautiful details on this card, I thought the stitching on the little trees was real until I read your post.
    Thank you so much for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, I hope you come and play with us again next time.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Bargello background, Becca!! I have never tried this technique, but it seems so fun! Love your white details, they add a fab look to the whole card!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is fabulous Becca! I love the vintage look! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is fabulous Becca! I love the vintage look! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card, Becca! I love the bargello technique, the background looks fantastic.
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, fantastic! Love the green trees, they just stand out on top of that fabulous mix of old paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic and inspiring project! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, Becca! I love the layers and TEXTture...LOL. Thanks for the creative inspiration. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohhhhhhhh kay now i just feel SILLY b/c OF COURSE i should've used vintage papers for my bargellos!!!!! gonna need a DO-OVER, asap!!!!!! beautiful card, gorgeous take on the bargello technique! thanks for joining us at SHOPPING OUR STASH ms. becca! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I sooo love your card here Becca!! AMAZING eye for putting things together that make it look awesome!! I really love the Vintage papers you've put together with the festive red and GREEN!! :) Fantastic collage!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete