Thursday, July 20, 2017

Splatters & Distress Ink Watercolor

I don't know if you know this, but I love sparkles. And glitter. And anything shiny. So the card I made for today made my shimmer-loving heart oh-so-happy. 



Just look at that shimmer! 

I designed this card inspired by the latest Fusion Challenge


If you haven't played along at Fusion before, you can use either the sketch or the inspiration image, ooooooor you can mash 'em up and create a Fusion. 

 
I used an embossing folder on some shimmer pearl cardstock. Then I pressed some Cracked Pistachio and Abandoned Coral Distress Inks onto my craft mat and picked it up with a wet paint brush. 

I also wanted to play along in Seize the Birthday's latest Splatter challenge. 


I rubbed some InkaGold onto a craft mat and then added some water. I used it to create a shimmery splatter all over the card.


I used the CUTplorations Celebrate Word Die to cut a sentiment out of some gold foiled paper to complete my look. 





Taaaadaaaa! Can I just say that it was a BEAR to photograph this? Shiny things are nice in real life, but the camera hates them!

21 comments:

  1. You did a great job photographing this card because I can see the gorgeous shimmer from the cardstock and sentiment. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of the sparkle glitter and shine Becca, this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - this is beautiful with the soft shimmering colors and of course, the splatters ;) Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Becca, glad you persevered to photograph this gorgeous shimmery card - it's wonderful!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. BECCA! The is soooooo pretty, I absolutely LOVE be beautiful, soft, shimmery colors. What a wonderfully designed card, I must try this with the DOI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty and soft look! I love the pastel shades and the way they make the flowers feel so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty and so blingy love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shimmer and shine are fabulous! And I agree trying to photograph that effect is beyond difficult! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taaadahhhh is right! Gorgeous! I've never thought to paint/colour embossed images, but after seeing your shimmery beauty here, I'm adding that to my 'must try' list! WOWed!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love all the shimmer and gold splatters. You did great photographing your card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card, love the gold splatters and the shimmer! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Becca. This is a really stunning effect x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you utilzed the shimmer paper with the disress ink!!! lots of fun ideas are coming to mind for Christmas and all those fun Cristmas embossing folders I have with shimmer paper! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My InkaGold dried up and I am kicking myself for dumping it. This, IS BRILLIANT! Love the gold splatters and shimmery flowers~

    ReplyDelete