Saturday, December 16, 2017

Dance Yourself Clean Handmade Card

Happy Saturday, friends! I'm popping in to share a card I just created for Visible Image. I was really really excited to get the Born to Perform set because I don't have any stamps for dancing or performing arts and this set is super unique and artsy. 


One of the techniques I like to use from time-to-time is to use my ink pad directly to press ink on to my paper. In this case, I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide.


Next, I spritzed the ink with water to let it bleed and soften the hard edges. 


I stamped a series of words to create a graffiti-like effect in the background. 



On the bottom layer of my card base, I added a little bit of stamped grunge with the Universal stamp set. 


I added some hand-drawn stitching, washi tap and black gemstones, along with a stamped ballet dancer to finish off the design. 

I hope you all like it!

11 comments:

  1. Wow..loved it.Fab mix of pretty n grungy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely and modern card! Your style always stunning me, such fabulous effects you obtain with simple techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Great job! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a unique style. So creative and great movement in your fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Becca! Love all of the gorgeous distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your play with colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice card!
    Happy Holidays! 🎄🎅⛄
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do make the best backgrounds! This is pretty Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this is beautiful Becca - love the way you have done the backgrounds to this fabulous image
    May your Christmas be blessed with love
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete