Monday, October 15, 2018

Stenciling Techniques - Sanna Lippert New Release

It's a paaaaaarty! A new release party that is! Sanna Lipper, one of the fab-o designers at STAMPlorations has released a whole new line of stencils. And we got to have a crafty play. They are all so gorgeous and perfect for mixed media play.


Today I'm going to be showing you a cool stenciling technique using Distress Oxides. 
This technique is actually the reverse of stenciling because you're taking OFF the color with a stencil, instead of applying it. 


Step 1: Sponge on a healthy layer of Distress Oxide onto a dark piece of cardstock. Because oxides are highly pigmented, they are designed to sit on top of the dark color. I used Broken China Oxides over a navy blue paper. 


Step 2: Bust out your stencil and tape it down so it won't move. Dampen a piece of paper towel, using a small amount of water (you don't want it too wet or your cardstock will pill). Wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe. The color will start to lift right off.


Step 3: Remove stencil and oooh and aaaah... I love the pattern of this Cornflower stencil.


I also splattered it all over with Picket Fence Distress Spray Stains.

Next, I made a correlating embellishment - also with my stencil.


Check out all that texture! Basically I swiped a layer of texture paste through my stencil, then added a layer of blue embossing powder before heat setting.

I fussy cut it and BEHOLD!


Isn't it pretty? 

I also played around with Sanna's new Lupinus stencil, too.


This one is so pretty and would be perfect for either mixed media OR clean and simple cards. 



Pssst in honor of this new release, all ARTplorations stencils are 15% off. and you get a FREE stencil with every order. Plus you can use my code STAMPGIRLBECCA for an extra 20% off your order. :)


Now go get hopping and then get shopping. 

22 comments:

  1. I love your cards@ Thanks for the info about making the one card. I love the final look especially with the blue star(?). I also love your 2nd card with mixed media and the saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very artsy mixed media CAS designs, Becca. TFS the photo tutorial on your DOX color lift card. I love both your cards. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful cards! Love the mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspirations and techniques with these beautiful stencils!!! Love especially the reverse of stencilling for he back in the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always Becca! Love the mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing technique! Thank you for sharing! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards and great techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW lots of fun work to create these artsy craft layouts - beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card--thanks for the tutorial on how you created it. You've given me some great ideas to try. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome effects with these pretty stencils! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that these stencils can be subtle as backgrounds, or bold and textured as a focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card designs. You so beautifully and creatively showcased the new stencils. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both so pretty! The reverse stencil technique is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the gorgeous texture, Becca.
    The lupinas stencil is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool, my friend, very cool. I do so love the dark blues which pop beautifully against your white panel. An amazing card, Bec. And your 'believe' card is a masterwork as well. The colors and shimmer alone grab my attention. Then you go and add dimension...Girl you're a wonder!! Love these cards. xoxo Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Becca. Love the lupin and great effect with the cornflower. Hugz

    ReplyDelete