Saturday, March 10, 2018

Sunshine on a Rainy Day Stamped Card

March in North Dakota usually means blustery snow and cold. But this week, right before we got walloped by a blizzard, there was a thunderstorm and tons of rain! Mother nature acted a little bipolar. 



In honor of our rainstorm, I busted out the Sparkle in the Rain stamp set by Visible Image and let my inner optimist shine with this card design.

I began by embossing the umbrella girl in black and then scribbled over her with shades of yellow gelatos. 


I blended the gelatos with my fingers and then used a damp paper towel to wipe off the excess gelato from the embossed image. 


I masked over my image and most of the yellow portions of my card and then stamped some raindrops using blue Distress Inks. 


I thought the card paired perfectly with this big ol' happy sentiment from the Express Yourself set. 

I embossed it on black paper and then painted in the sunshine with a bit of yellow Distress Oxides, followed by a healthy does of Spectrum Noir sparkle markers - because who doesn't love all things GLITTER!?


A little background of patterned paper and viola! My design was complete!

I'm going to play along in a few challenges: 
Just Add Ink - Just Add Water
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes plus a sentiment
TIME OUT Challenges - Bold (I used lots of bold colors)

Thanks for popping by, my friends and be sure to head over to the Visible Image blog to check out some awesome inspiration!
 

7 comments:

  1. Ah, this looks as a beautiful movie! :D Great design, I have never thought that black and yellow could be so feminine and lovely!! Your talent always amazes me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and pinned! https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524495930643/

      Delete
  2. Well isn't she sassy! This is fabulous Becca. Your weather sounds like ours this year. 60 one day and a winter storm the next, it's madness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Becca - the pop of brilliant yellow and the silhouette image are stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That girl is stylin' I love all the glow from under the umbrella and all the wonderful glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun card..great details.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete