Saturday, April 21, 2018

Mother’s Day Loveliness

Hello Bloggy Friends!
Mother’s Day is coming on the horizon and I’m thinking about how to make my mom cry. She had a good deal of that go on in my youth - but these days I try to make her cry for much different reason . Hehe!


So when I got my hands on the Visible Image Mother Definition stamp, I just fell in love because I knew for sure I could make my momma cry.

When I was thinking about the card, the bone china with the bright blue patterns sprang right to mind and I wanted to re-create that feel.


I took the Fabonacci background stamp and inked it up with some bright blue Distress Inks on my Misti. I spritzed it with water from a small bottle, and then stamped.


As you can see, it created this perfectly imperfect background, which I mounted on dark blue cardstock to base it, and then sponged around the outside edges with some brown Distress Oxides.


It's been awhile since I used paper flowers to create a cohesive design, but in this case, I knew it was just the thing.


After I embossed the sentiment, I added different layers of flowers and gold leaves, sprinkling everything with a layer of Distress Spray Stains.


In the end, I completely adored the card and know it will make some woman very special and happy.

With Warmth,

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card Becca, love the imperfect background :) and these lovely flowers!! Great choice with the gold to match blue!! The sentiment is fabulous, surely your Mum will cry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becca this would reduce me to tears too - a beautiful creation!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will lalways be this! It is so beautiful and I love the definition of Mother. My mom died this past January and I really miss her shoulder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love all of the texture and depth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you adore your card, it is beautiful and your Mum will be so happy to receive this I would say.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete