Friday, April 27, 2018

Visible Image + MISTI blog hop + PRIZES!

Hello Friendly Friends! I've got a blog post today that you're not going to want to miss out on. If you love Misti, or you love Visible Image stamps read til the end because there's 100 smackers worth of prizes up for grabs. *insert gasping noise here*



When the MISTI (short for most incredible stamping tool invented) came out, I definitely shelled out all my crafty savings to buy one because they are AMAZING. I use masking frequently as a technique, when I design cards and got so frustrated whenever I'd stamp an image that wouldn't be right on. The MISTI allows me to restamp the image in the exact same place every time. Believe me when I say that whatever I paid for the tool has been more than made up for in the cost of paper I would have had to chuck otherwise. haha.


A few months after they released the full MISTI, they dreamed up the mini MISTI and I'm so happy to get my hot little hands on one. I like the full size one because it's nice for using with large background stamps, but the mini appealed to me because it doesn't take up so much of my table space and I can keep it in arm's reach. And it's sooooo cuuuuuuuute. hehe

As you may know, if you're a regular reader of my blog (if not ->> hit the subscribe and I'll be forever grateful!) I am not a huge CAS fan. Mostly because if I even look at white space crosswise it somehow winds up with ink all over it. 


So rarely - if ever have I attempted the triple layer stamping technique. Since I had the handy dandy mini MISTI, I decided to give it a go. I cut 3 sheets of blank paper and stacked them atop each other, securing them in place with the magnet that comes along with the MISTI. 


I placed and inked my stamps - these moths come from the Glimmer of Light stamp set from Visible Image, which is freakin' gorrrrgeous. 

Check it! 


I stamped on the first layer, and then removed it, stamping again on the second layer, removing, and then repeated all the way until I only had the last layer to go. 


I repeated this on both sides of my card, before inking up a sentiment from the Shining Bright stamp set using VersaMark embossing ink. 


Shining Bright is another one of my fave sets. Visible Image always has the most unique sentiments and I love the slightly grungy feel to all their designs. 


I stamped a lightbulb and watercolored it, fading it out until the outer edges were a soft yellow. 


I added in some InkaGold to give the lightbulb some real life shimmer. and then speckled my card with flicks of yellows and golds. 


Once I had all my layers, I used mounting tape to give them a little lift in between. 


Taaaa-daaaaaa! I never would have attempted this technique without the MISTI. If you haven't invested in one, you neeeeeed to. Like not even a want. It's a need. You will never regret it.

Oh yeah - I mentioned prizes.


Both Visible Image and MISTI are offering a $50 shopping spree!!! Winning is pretty simple, just go have some inspirational fun along the hop with these folks: 

Becca Cruger <--- YOU ARE HERE
My Sweet Petunia

Leave a sweet comment on each post and two lucky commenters will win. :) 
Comments must be left by Monday, April 30 11:59 p.m. CST. Winners will be announced May 1st on the Visible Image and My Sweet Petunia blog. 

Happy Hopping, friends!

67 comments:

  1. I love this stamp set. Great way to use it.

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great step card!! So clever.. and I can really see how the MISTI would come in very handy stamping on 3 layers!

    *Leaves a slice of birthday cake for you*
    xx Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card. Great technique. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique teamie and a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love seeing your blog for the first time. these are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and super handy technique with the misti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your card ,the triple layer stamping looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super CAS Becca! You really should dip into CAS every now and then if this is anything to go by. drooling over the Inka Gold xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this x So much depth to the final card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jolie carte en étage, et la touche dorée éclaire la carte parfait pour attirer les papillons de nuit !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super technique; makes the card so "airy-looking"! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous card, Becca! Love the flecks of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becca... you're blog post os a fabulous read!! I love your card too, fabulous!! I must have a go at this... feel all inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your awesome moths! Thanks for the tip on using my Misti for triple stamping. Forgot all about that technique & the misti is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Becca, using one of my fave stamp sets, the triple layers are such a good idea, hugs P xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the layered design of your card, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL I SO AGREE WITH YOU, Becca! ;) The Misti is NOT a "want," but a "NEED!" I am HOPING to get/win the Mini Misti! I have the original. ;) I don't stamp without it! LOOOOVE your technique & your enthusiasm for the Misti & Visible Images! ;)BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice job... I don't use enough yellow. You have tempted me to the yellow side ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Becca, this is fabulous! I love the layers, the images and the lightbulb with watercolored gold!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow wow wow!!! Becca, your cards are always stunning and I think they really lining with Visible Image's stamps style! (I love them and your makes!) This one looks wonderful, very impressive sentiment and love your colouring on the three layers and the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to remember: triple layer stamping

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! prize is amazing!
    and card is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! Great choices of colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome card, love the tiered effect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. fantastic card showing how to create the layers with the misti. love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think we are kindred spirits. I love the grunge and white space scares me a little. Gorgeous card! I agree - MISTI is a must-y!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome card! Love the shining lightbulb!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Perfectly wonderful and CAS card. Love the layers and the pop of the light bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card! Totally agree with you about the MISTI--an absolute must! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. clean and do beautiful love it

    ReplyDelete
  31. great card..love how you stepped it up. Love my Misti.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic card. Love the layers! The butterfly images are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE that pop of yellow of the light bulb! This looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This looks amazing ..... and so easy to do using the MISTI xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your card is amazing ! I love the layers, it's really a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  36. great card such a warm glow from the light bulb, I love visible images stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful work, I can see how handy the misti would be, thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Woww love your project, fabulous stamping and love the sentiment Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have this stamp too! Now i see what more you can do with it...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great 3-layer-card! Beautiful project!

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Creative hugs,

    Lins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Each of your cards are delightful & the saying on the first one is so true! I am seriously impressed with Visible Image stamps, having never seen them used before.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really like the layered look on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. these stamps are still on my wishlist, love the combination you made!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Красота! Вроде, на первый взгляд, просто. Но так очаровательно!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great card, and I like how you used the InkaGold for the gleam of light in the light bulb. Great stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow very cool card love it Becca
    Hugs
    Ayoti xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Miss Becca, hope you are doing well!
    Your card is lovely. Love the technique you
    tried; you mastered it, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. This is gorgeous! I will need to try the layering technique!

    ReplyDelete
  49. That's fab. I do love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Awesome card. I really like this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your card is simply wonderful !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  52. Great cards. I like the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete