I'm sorry I didn't post the winner of my first giveaway yesterday, but see the above reason. I plum forgot! After a little drawing and a tabletop drum roll...the winner is.... Donna of Yellow Dog Greetings. Donna, please email me at bexcruger @ gmail dot com with your address. \
And now that business is all done, time for the party! This week's featured designer is:
Dawn Turley of Dawn's World. I "met" Dawn through the Card Chain Challenge, a monthly international card exchage. A resident of New Zealand, Dawn is a whiz with Distress Inks and markers (can you see why I like her yet?). Her designs ooze with bold color and clean lines. But why tell you about her when she can do so much better herself?
Here's seven things to know about Dawn:
1. How did you start stamping?I started stamping in 2008 when another lady and I reached for a stamping magazine at the same time... she asked me if I stamped and when I said no I just liked looking at the magazines... she invited me to come along to a stamp group at a local stamp store that was on the next day... so I went and as they say.... the rest is history. I was hooked in a BIG way.
2. What types of things inspire you?This is hard... all sorts of things inspire me. Some times colours or sketches inspire me and I love visiting other blogs to get inspirations. And who can resist Pinterest! So much there to inspire there.
3. What would you say is your stamping aesthetic?I'm a CAS stamper. Much as I love looking at vintage and Shabby Chic, I struggle with this genre. I like a few embellishments but like a clean style the most.
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what one crafting supply would you have to bring?Only one? Minimum - stamps,inks, Copics, heck just let me take everything and I'll be happy stranded on that island for a very long time! No one to interrupt me!
5. Favorite card making challenges to participate in?I'm on a few challenge blogs - Die Cut Divas, Southern Girls Challenge Creative Craft Cottage but a few of the other's I like to enter are:
City Crafter challenge
Crafting when you can
Penny Black and More Challenge
There're so many fun challenges out there and I often have a bit of fun entering into others.
6. Fill in the blank: The one thing new stampers should know is __________.Just have Fun and try out lots of techniques. Don't over-analyse what you are doing.
7. What's your best organization tip for crafting supplies?Organising your craft supplies? What's that? I'm such a messy crafter I have stuff all over the place. I try to keep things organised but I get distracted creating and forget to put things away.
I'd have to agree with her on number 7! My craft room is about as messy as my designs! I was so excited when Dawn agreed to be featured and she chose this card for me to case:
Look at all those beautiful messy splatters! Like I said, she's a master of bold colors and this card is no exception. I loved the way it looks like she's double stamped the image in multiple colors before blending. And the way it's all set a little off kilter? Fab-o!
My CASE Card
I saved the off-kilter design and went for slightly larger splatters in shades of pinky-purples. I used STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches set to stamp that gorgeous daisy and colored it in bold, rich shades. I backed the image using a chocolate paper with shimmery strips of raspberry. I finished it off with some enamel dots from Doodlebug Designs. Dawn's design sure was an inspiration!
Dawn's CASE Card
Dawn used her design to create this gorgeous Christmas card! Look at all those beautiful splatters! They look like twinkling lights and give this card such a festive feel! I love the scale of her sentiment. To learn more about how she created this card, see Dawn's blog.
BLOG CANDY ALERT!!
That's right! I'm having another little giveaway. Mostly just to say thank you to all of you who've left me kind comments and given me encouragement along the way. If you'd like to be in the running for the prize, here's how:
Leave me a comment below - 1 entry
Leave Dawn a comment on her blog - 1 entry
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm sending my CASE card over to these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to follow my blog to see if you've won! The winner will be announced next week.