Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Frozen Hello!

I'm finally back from West Virginia and, after a 12-hour snooze and plenty of coffee, I couldn't wait to get back to my crafting room! I've missed having ink on my fingers! 

I had so many blogs to read through and challenges to catch up on, but the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches caught my eye.


I recently won the Lawn Fawn stamp set "Critters in the Arctic" and it was waiting for me upon my arrival. One of my favorite things is a stamp set with puns and this one sure delivers. Plus the little creatures are just so adorable! 



"Make your Mark" just happens to be the weekly competition at Addicted to Stamps and More. I colored the walrus up with some Spectrum Noir Markers and fussy cut a winter hat to give him an extra flair. He just makes me smile! The strip of teal is actually washi tape with just a little bit of bling added to it. 



Behind that, I added some vellum. The background was created by layering the same dark teal vellum behind a piece of white polka-dotted vellum. It creates a simple snow-like effect. Since vellum is the theme over at Addicted to CAS and it's everywhere in this card, I think it will make the perfect entry to their competition. 


For those of you who have been following my blog, my presentation went well! I didn't faint and I met with a lot of lovely people, but I'm happy to be back home and back to blogging. 

Thank you for leaving your comments so I can come visit you, too!

19 comments:

  1. Home is where the pajamas are! (Or the bra isn't). Whichever. Comfy - and you have all your STUFF. (George Carlin does a great bit about that...so true).
    Glad your presentation went well! Me too I love puns - so fun - and this guy is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, your cheeky walrus is so cute with that bobble hat.
    Thanks so much for all your kind comments about my watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Forgot to say thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

      Delete
  3. It is harc to be away from one's craft room-tusk, tusk....but at least you are back now:) (yup bad pun but I couldn't help myself). Love the Walrus and the greens instead of blues. Love his hat! and the bling

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! I love punny sentiments too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh all in green and great using the sketch..you rock Becca...and the Image is too too cuuuteeee..perfect for him the color...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like a good card pun, too, and this DEFINITELY delivers!!! plus... walrus inna hat?!?! sign me up!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great snowy atmosphere you've created and I love the addition of that cute little hat! Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute Becca, great image and fun design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am enjoying your card with Wyatt's music playing behind me. I think the song Ice, Ice baby fits this card perfectly! Nice job Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this matching sentiment and image? Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so, so cute!! I just love your coloring on this fun little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad all went well, Becca! This card is just adorable--you sure are back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quite the fabulous use of vellum and I adore your fun walrus! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete