Sunday, October 5, 2014

Christmas Cards Come Early

I am determined this year to have enough Christmas cards to send out when the season is upon us. (I'm also laughing in my head, because it never happens!) I've been shooting for at least one a week and there are some awesome Christmas challenges out there. Penny Black and I must be in sync, because their challenge this week is "Get Ahead for Christmas". 



I'm on Santa's nice list, and this Santa stamp is on my nice list so I inked it up and colored with my Spectrum Noirs, paying special attention to his rosy cheeks. To add a little shimmer, I painted the snow with Perfect Pearls Perfect White.

Retro Sketches is letting us use ANY sketch from their archive for their challenge this week. There are SO many cute layouts to choose from that I had an extremely tough time, but I chose this one:



Jingle Belles, one of my favorite Christmas challenge blogs put out the call to use three or more patterned papers in their "We Three Kings" challenge. I'm an over achiever and used four! Woot!


In the sketch, there is a place for a button, but I didn't have one. I always keep clear sticker bubbles on hand for just this purpose. I placed the clear bubble on top of the patterned paper and cut around it to make my own custom button. To add the finishing touch, (which happens to be Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge) I embossed the word Joy into the corner with some red sparkly powder. 




One more card to add to my growing stack. Now I'll just have to think of something to give my poor mailman! I love to read your comments and hear what you think!

13 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I love that little Santa and all those pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a delight Becca, traditional colours with a modern feel so cleverly combined together.

    It lovely to see you at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in the fun and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becca I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment, I totally love this fab, fun Santa also those wonderful papers and the super design a smashing make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Becca. I managed to make 5 Christmas cards over the past weekend... great to get a head start! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is such a cute Santa :) I love all the Christmas patterns and colors on ur design

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's gorgeous. Lovely papers, cute santana and I love the dome sticker. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love that Santa. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. Looking forward to the CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, what a totally festive, totally layery, totally GORGEOUS holiday card, not to mention a great job combining patterns for maximum awesomeness! so happy you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! <3

    ps: using the clear bubble to make a CUSTOM expoxy button is BRILLIANT... i actually think i *HAVE* some of those, i need to go find them RIGHT NOW! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, four papers and they're all so very pretty! i love the sketch and the handmade bobble too. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Santa makes me so happy ... fabulous design ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzer--this is wonderful, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, great selection of papers too.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Becca!! I love your Santa. I was going through my stash yesterday and found that Santa. I forgot I had it. Your card is so cute. The colors are awesome. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete