Monday, March 16, 2015

Oh Christmas Wreath, Oh Christmas Wreath - STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge



Deck the halls with spring and sunshine Fa la la la la, la la la la! Maybe it's all the warm weather, maybe it's the excess vitamin D, but I have finally recovered from the Christmas card overload that happens from November to December. 

By the way - this is my 2nd post of the day (sorry, I usually try to put them in one, but they needed to be posted at different times). I got asked to guest design at The Challenge, and I would be so super happy if you looked at my first post of the day, too! You can find it >>>here<<<!! 


Anywho, I'm making a card for STAMPlorations latest sketch! I also wanted to play along at Jingle Belles challenge Mission: Embossible (because I love a good pun and just can't resist!) Hence, the Christmas card. 

I wanted to incorporate both wet and dry embossing so I started with a piece of patterned paper and a cool circley-ish embossing folder:


I kinda like how the pattern looks underneath the embossing. Next, in order to really bring out the raised parts, I used Perfect Pearls Green Patina to add a little shimmer:


Lastly, I dabbed some embossing ink randomly over sections of the raised area for a little extra contrast, texture, and shimmer. 


Next, I set to work making a display panel. I used the fabulous, sketchy wreath from the Joyful set and inked it with Perfect Medium before painting over it with Perfect Pearls again. 


Somebody commented that PPs weren't the latest and greatest product, making it seem like they were retro, but they will always be fresh in my book!! You can do so many cool things with them!! And they create the most gorgeous shimmer. 

Anyway, back to the design! I added some felt and embossed a sentiment and....


Taaa daaaaa!

So play along with STAMPlorations sketch challenge and you could win some pretty neat things. Like some free digi stamps or a chance to be a guest designer!!! 

Speaking of, my amazingly talented friend, Robyn Oliver, is guesting with us this week, along with the awesome Stephanie and Kathy! Go check out what they did!

As for me, I'm linking up to the following challenges, too:
Naughty or Nice - Go Green (I'm definitely being nice) 
Jingle Belles - Mission Embossible
Pile it On - 3 of something (3 wreaths and 3 layers) 

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to return the favor! 

40 comments:

  1. holy WOW what a fabulous example of BOTH kinds of embossing! i especially love that you used the e/f over the patterned paper... and then put shimmery stuff on top! soooooooooooooo awesome! thanks for joining our MISSION EMBOSSIBLE at JINGLE BELLES! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great piece and such lush fresh colours Becca.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I read your blog...the more I realise I need more stuff...like embossing folders, distress inks and some perfect pearls...I haven't even started on that addiction. Where is it going to end? I love the embossing and the shine the perfect pearls add. I am learning new techniques from you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MUCH TEXTURE!! I just want to touch it! I just got gifted a bunch of felt and am scared to play with it yet, so keep going :) It only took me a couple months to heat the embossing paste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely layering at its finest. Bravo, love the glimmer and the fact that you used PP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely layering at its finest. Bravo, love the glimmer and the fact that you used PP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yey, awesome to see some PP in action, my friend gave me her's, and I didn't really know, what to do whit them - now I know, thanks, love the shine and different textures on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous!! I love all of the amazing texture!! The embossing looks fabulous!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is really cool Becca!! Love the embossing!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card with amazing effects Becca!
    Thank You for showing us the step by step as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becca wow this is fantastic love the embossed background ! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. The brushed on pwder gives a really subtle effect to your panel Becca and I love the embossing folder. There must be a word for an EF addict like me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great take on the sketch Becca and what wonderful embossing of all kinds. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I love this! Fabulous embossing and gorgeous colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The embossing is AWESOME! I got out my Big Shot yesterday.....& this is inspiring me to do so again today;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. BECCA - OMG!!!! This is stunning and gorgeous beyond reason!! Love the backgrounds and the way you enhanced them - what a stellar Christmas card and I love this sketch - I will probably be joining in very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Becca this is gorgeous, I love that you share your process. You amaze me how you are able to tackle techniques and make it look so effortless! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wows what a great background!! Marvelous card Becca!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, shimmery card! I hardly ever use my PPs any more - I like what you've done with them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca this is gorgeous! I've not tried Perfect Pearls, not sure why, but I think I need to. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, amazing!! All of those details, and I love the perfect pearls! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! Love your embossing technique and many pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohhh love your greens and background work on the card!!! well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow. The embossed background is stunning Becca

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your work with the Perfect Pearls Becca, it's so festive and perfect for a holiday card! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a great card and I love perfect pearls-they never go out of date. I bet it just shimmers!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love everything about this card! The embossed patterned paper, and all of that sparkle is just gorgeous. Great take on this weeks jingle belles challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Okay, I need to pull out my perfect pearls again. I LOVE the effect on this card .The layering ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The embossing affect looks awesome
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am lovin' the embossed designer paper ... what a gorgeous background ... so very glad you joined our Mission EMBOSS-ible at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super card Becca, love the embossed background, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the background and I do not think perfect pearls will ever be out...why do they sell you a supply that lasts a lifetime...well, maybe not you because you use them wisely on your projects!! I love the tab...the perfect embellishment as far as I am concerned!! You have a good start to your Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  33. elegant Background Becca
    and love the way you put the main panel
    lovely Green card
    and lovely DT card
    big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wowzer--this is stunning, Becca! I so love shimmer--never out of style in my book, either!

    ReplyDelete
  35. My kind of card, Becca... all shimmery and pearly... swoon!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fa la la la la fabulous! If this is what results with excess Vitamin D, I'm going hunting for sunshine immediately! Truly gorgeous...shimmery splendid!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  37. I agree, Perfect Pearls are never out of style -- they're too much fun! Plus... shimmer! :) Beautiful embossed background and great card. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, how I love Perfect Pearls! This card has such wonderful texture! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges this month! Good luck!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete